2 thin and metallic in sound; lacking resonance; "an unpleasant tinny voice" [also: tinniest, tinnier]
- Of or pertaining to or resembling tin.
- The object had a tinny appearance.
- Pertaining to the thinness and cheapness of tin or
similar-looking metals, in contrast to a heavier, more valuable
- The shop was filled with tinny tourist geegaws.
- Pertaining to a thin, unpleasant sound recalling that of tin
- The piano was not simply out of tune, but had become downright tinny.
Mickey Mouse, aureate, base, brass, brassy, brazen, bronze, bronzy, cheap, cheesy, choked, coarse, common, copper, coppery, cracked, croaking, croaky, cupreous, cuprous, dry, ferrous, ferruginous, flimsy, fourth-class, gilt, gold, gold-filled, gold-plated, golden, gruff, guttural, harsh, harsh-sounding, hoarse, husky, inferior, iron, ironlike, irregular, lead, leaden, low-class, low-grade, low-quality, low-test, mean, mercurial, mercurous, metallic, nickel, nickelic, nickeline, paltry, pewter, pewtery, poor, punk, quicksilver, ragged, raucid, raucous, rough, roupy, rude, second-best, second-class, seedy, shabby, shoddy, silver, silver-plated, silvery, squawking, squawky, steel, steely, stertorous, strangled, tacky, tawdry, thick, third-class, third-rate, throaty, tin, twangy